Thursday, May 15, 2008

check this out

Hey girls,

Anibal and I just signed up for an account with this company. Basically, you can order all the products you want (which you can´t normally get form the US shipped to Chile - electronic equipment, beauty products, etc through various online companies, Amazon, EBAY etc) shipped to an address in Miami and they then reship it to wherever you live in South America. It costs around 40$ maintenance for the year. The website is www.skybox.net

I´m getting my iphone at long last! :)

See all you girlies on Saturday, asado and booze, can´t wait!!

Love, me x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi girls! I'm loving this 'gringas in Chile' cyber world you girls have going on! Ever since I stumbled onto 'don't call me gringa' I've started checking the links and ended up here now and I'm fascinated!

As I wrote on Emily's wall - I've just moved from London to Chile with my boyfriend (who happens to be Swedish and not Chilean - damn!) and am now working at the Santiago Times. By the way Emily, it seems like I must have met your boyfriend Rodolfo there as he works for the Bicileta Verda! It's funny what a small world it is!

Just thought I'd send you all this note to say hi and as soon as I have a new blog up and runnig, I'll send you a link (check my old one if you like, it's from last time I went traveling: http://gonesouth120.blogspot.com).

Also, I'm impressed at how all you English speaking ladies have got your lives up and running here. The Santiago Times is a great place to start off when you get here and I've met some really lovely people but as we're staying here for an indefinite period of time I'll eventually have to land myself a 'real' job - well one that pays at least! I would really appreciate any tips on how you managed to find the jobs you've got!

Ciao chicas!

x

Virginie

Mama in Chile said...

Hey Virginie, welcome!!! Feel free to email me at tamsinmichelle80@gmail.com regarding any job related queries and I´ll be happy to help. Are you English?? Joanne and I are the only Brits in the group and it would be great to recruit another! :) (Not that we don´t love you gringas! :) )

Ms Bear Cub said...

hey! I'm moving to La Serena in a month. What about import tax??? I'm fearing I'll have to buy up all the electronics I want for the next year before the move so I don't have to pay insane import tax...